So I've started a new music show... it's called Liz's Found Sound. I have to admit that it's quite a lot of fun. Airs every Sunday night at 11. Here's what I played on the first show last week:
Peter Bjorn and John – “Nothing to Worry About” – Living Thing (out 3/31 on Almost Gold)
Animal Collective – “Summertime Clothes” – Merriweather Post Pavillion (Domino)
The Brighton Port Authority (ft. David Byrne and Dizzee Rascal) – “Toe Jam” – I Think We’re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat (Southern Fried)
Morrissey – “I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris” – Years of Refusal (Attack/Lost Highway)
Passion Pit – “Better Things” – Chunk of Change EP (Frenchkiss)
Lily Allen (ft. Mick Jones) – “Straight to Hell” – War Child Heroes Compilation (out 2/24 on Astralwerks)
Feist and Ben Gibbard – “Train Song” – Dark Was the Night (4AD)
Spoon – “Well-Alright” – Dark Was the Night (4AD)
Maria Taylor – “Cartoons and Forever Plans” – LadyLuck (out 4/7 on Nettwerk)
Neko Case – “People Gotta Lotta Nerve” – Middle Cyclone (out 3/3 on ANTI-)
The Guggenheim Grotto – “Her Beautiful Ideas” – Happy the Man (United for Opportunity)
The Decemberists – “The Rake’s Song” – The Hazards of Love (out 3/24 on Capitol)
The Bird and the Bee – “My Love” – Ray Guns Are Not Just the Future (Blue Note)
Big Sur – “Surely Do” – Big Sur at the Ace Glass Company EP (unsigned)
Dan Auerbach – “I Want Some More” – Keep it Hid (Nonesuch)
That new Dan Auerbach record is pretty rad... Big Sur is another band from Akron. They just put out an EP and I keep trying to catch their live show but it never seems to happen.
This Sunday on the show it's more Animal Collective, more songs from those new charity compilations (Dark Was the Night and War Child: Heroes), new U2 that isn't "Get On Your Boots," new Yeah Yeah Yeah's and more...
Tune in on Sunday!
...and while I'm telling you to do things, be our friend on Twitter! We just signed up for an account and we'll be posting updates about concerts, ticket giveaways, station events and fun stuff like that. Here's the like to our page:
https://twitter.com/913theSummit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment